There are several types of vitamin B12 that can be given as an injection to boost your energy and metabolism. Today, up to 50 percent of people in the US have a vitamin B12 deficiency, which means they have low energy and a slower than normal metabolism. Vitamin B12 helps your body use carbohydrates and fat for energy and make new protein. It helps create healthy nerves, blood and cells. Deficiencies may occur if you have stomach or intestinal problems, poor nutrition, or certain diseases. The effect of deficiencies may be anemia, nerve damage, stomach problems and infections. For many people, B12 shots produce the advantages of more energy, weight loss, and better sleep.
Some of the top advantages of B12 shots include:
• Increased energy – if you have a vitamin B12 deficiency, chances are you feel tired all the time and have no energy. The reason is that vitamin B12 and the other B vitamins are needed for mitochondria to produce energy.
• Increased metabolism rate – metabolism is the main factor in determining weight. There are many reasons why your metabolism may be slow, such as low thyroid hormone, recurring dieting and low vitamin B12 levels.
• Indirectly supporting weight loss – B12 helps you get better sleep and have a higher metabolism, more energy and a better mood. All of these things contribute to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss, if that is required.
• Improves mood – if you feel depressed much of the time, it may not be completely emotional. It may also be caused by a B12 deficiency. As you can imagine, B12 shots may be used to combat this.
• Improves the immune system – studies show that the cell ration for a strong immune system is improved with B12 shots. This is important for the body to fight off bacteria and viruses that are always in the atmosphere and on objects such as keyboards, phones, tabletops and more.
If you have any of the above symptoms of a vitamin B12 deficiency, our specialist at RejuvaWell in Austin may be able to help. When you have a consultation for B12 shots, your symptoms will be examined and the best treatment may be prescribed. Vitamin B12 shots are very safe and may help improve your quality of life. Contact us today to book an appointment and learn more!